Saturday, September 15, 2012

Part 166 Life continues


The days go by and I am steadily improving. A special Veteran’s Day arrives – the date is 11/11/11. You don’t get that very often! I drive over to check on my friend Brian, doing a training at work, this time with Jason. They are running far ahead of schedule (they tease me that when I am there we are behind because I am so long-winded). I stop at a store on the way home to check on Bree, who is ill and at home with GG. My car won’t restart, even after multiple tries. The battery has been recently changed, so I’m afraid it is a malfunctioning starter. I call AAA to get me, then try one more time. Amazingly, it starts. I call them back to meet me this time at my house. Becah meets me at home and drives me back to work while AAA tows my car to the dealer. I arrive at work and get a phone call from the driver, who tells me I have given him the wrong key. It is the key to Becah’s car. I get a coworker to drive me to the dealer and exchange keys. After work, Becah comes and gets me and drives me back to get the car. After all this, I find the starter is fine – it’s only a loose battery connection!

After watching the enjoyable Disney movie “Geek Charming”, Brooke makes my day by asking me if she can sit by me the next time we go to a restaurant, and then telling me she loves me best.

No comments:

Post a Comment