Thursday, December 16, 2010

Latest Curveball

12-16-10

As most of you know, John had his stents removed from his esophagus last week  The procedure went great.  There were no complications and no blood loss.

He was fine for about 4 days, able to swallow solids easily.  Over the past few days,  he has suffered from nausea and other stomach issues with incresing intensity.  Our wonderful doctor advised us to go the the ER this morning. 

We are currently at St. Luke's in the Med Center waiting for a room to open up.  They are in the process of running several tests to determine what is going on.  We are praying it is just a routine stomach virus.  His white count is a bit elevated so his receiving IV antibotics along with nausea and now pain meds.  At 5:45 p.m., he is finally sleeping for the first time today.

Please pray that this is a common virus due to run its course.  Please pray that I do not turn into a manic as I had and do still have high hopes for this to be a Merry Christmas.  I am very stressed about trival things such as getting teacher gifts wrapped and attending my kids Christmas parties at school.  I know that seems a bit trite but it gets old having to explain to them that daddy is a little sick again and we have to change the plans again because of it.  If you could keep my MIL and FIL in your prayers too, he is also hospitalized right now and moving into a long term care placement tomorrow.

Sorry this post is a bit negative, I think I need the prayers as much as John right now.

Love, Bec

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Becah. I bet this is that tummy flu that is going around. Praying that it passes quickly and that this Christmas is the best ever. And the teachers will not care if they get their gifts in January!!

    I'm glad I could give you a little giggle in the midst of it all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS let me know if you have any blog questions.

    While you are sitting waiting, you can look at very cute free backgrounds here:

    http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/

    It's fun to play around with those.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you out during this hectic time. I'm at your disposal. Sending hugs & prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me know what I can do. Prayers, daily!

    ReplyDelete