Sunday, April 3, 2011

The latest and the greatest

Hi all,

As many of you saw on Facebook last week, John's latest PET scan was a beauty. It was just perfectly normal. The biopsies taken from his esophagus were all benign as well.

The best part of the story is that I was sitting at the nail salon at the Trelis Spa at the Houstonian when I received all this amazing news. I was there with my girlfriends from my neighborhood for a spa day and girls night out. I was having a great time but I just could not quite relax with the feeling of uncertainty that having these tests and awaiting their results brings. We were not suppose to get the results of either until Tuesday but on Friday afternoon at 4:00 as I sat in a semi-relaxed state getting my nails done.....they came. I saw a light flashing on my phone (phones on silent at the spa) and a missed call from Dr. Blackmon (her cell, could be good or bad :) :( ?). I checked the messages. There were 2 voice mails. One was from our oncologist's nurse saying she just wanted to let us know that they a copy of the PET and by the way it showed NO EVIDENCE OF CANCER. Then the tears began to flow. I barely made it through the next voice mail saying the biopsies came back unusually early and were all benign. Many more tears were flowing and I now have a very concerned nail lady. I gave her the quick version of the story which still takes 10 minutes and she congratulated me. I called John (even though it was against the spa rules, I did not think the nail lady would rat me out after that story). Bree answered and begin to go on and on as soon to be 7 year olds do. I keep saying through tears, "Let me talk to Daddy". She finally consented. I gave John the good news. He was very happy but in a different way than me because he never had any doubts that the news would be good. He has such faith and I guess a person truly knows better than any doctor or test when their body is healed. Needless to say, at that point I was truly able to relax and enjoy a wonderful girls weekend. God's timing is impeccable.

The bad news is I am way to old to be dancing 'til 2 a.m. at the Black Swan in 4 inch heels. My back hurt all week but it was still worth it.

I will write tomorrow to explain what happens next for John as far as correcting the stricture and thus allowing him to eat better. For now I must take a bath and go to bed. I turned 37 today and that ain't easy you know. I gotta go rest my tired, ol' bones.

Thanks for the faithful prayer!!!

Love Bec

P.S. John weighs 168 lbs!!!! Yippee!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment