Wednesday, March 23, 2011

later 3-23-11

So we are still here at the hospital.  John was just taken back for EGD and biogpsy.  The doctor explained that she will take an aggressive biopsy.  His GI doc took a biopsy that was clean but she wants to essentially "dig deeper"  to make super sure it is not cancerous.  The reason being that John's esophageal stricture is actually outside of his field of radiation.  The stricture could have also been caused by acid reflux but he has not had noticable syptoms of acid reflux.  Apparently you can have acid reflux and not know it but they still want to get the full picture. 

I truly appreciate their thoroughness and yet at the same time it makes me scared as heck.  Again John is not scared, he just seems to know he is ok.  I wish I could feel that way too.  I pray to God I can feel that way.  This cancer journey is a roller coaster and I have never been fond of carnival rides.  I prefer situations in which I have more control.  Some, namely John, might even venture to call me controlling.  This is my lesson from God that he is in control of everything . Even though I can  not always see the plan, there is a plan and the plan is good b/c God is good.  This I know outwardly but I must find a way to penatrate my heart.

Thanks for your prayers.

Becah

No comments:

Post a Comment