Sunday, April 17, 2011

Ho Ho Ho Hosanna!!!!


Today is Palm Sunday. Church celebrations were a great end to a CRAZY week.

The highlights were as follows:

Monday: Average Monday. Things are starting off just fine!

Tuesday: Brooke comes home from school early. We go to doctor. Strep. What??? She did not even have fever. John's surgery is tomorrow. Text doctor. Brooke has strep. Is that bad? Doc says ok b/c we are not cutting him open. No need for rapid strep test. Whew. Uh oh! Bree's eyes look pink now. No way...pink eye. Probably not says C.C. but we treat it anyway just in case. No Gymnastics for anyone tonight.

Wednesday: a.m.: Leave for hospital at 5:00 a.m. No school for Brooke. Bree gets dressed, hides eye drops and throws a fit before school. She wants to stay home too. She hates eye drops. CC and GG hold her down to put them in. She cries til just before CC drops her off.

p.m.: Arrive home, Bree still in a mood. John needs meds. Brooke wants Chick Fil A. John has a nose bridle, a nasal probe and a new stent. All three equal super discomfort. I am frustrated. I decide text my best friend to tell her how frustrated I am , in particular my frustrations with my sweet mom. Only the text I receive back is not from my bff, it is from my mom whom I apparently texted my frustrations to instead of my friend. That was very cool...NOT!!! Exhaustion and stupidity to the max. Mom took it very well. I think she must text her bff similiar frustrations about me (Is that true Aunt Shere'?)...hehehe. But wait Thursday is even better.

Thursday: a.m.: I am casually walking to my car to hurry to work for a few hours before I have to take John to the med center to get his nasal probe out. Three steps from my car, I trip and fall flat on my face. The contents of my purse, all my work papers and a huge glass of water go everywhere (water straight in my face). I stumble up and to the back door where my mom sees me and realizes something is wrong. She flings open the door and when she does the dog takes off. She takes off after the dog, I yell, "stop!", she does not stop. I take off after her (barefooted). I round the corner and I see her splat across the neighbors lawn. Now two are down. My neighbor is leaving for work, mom screaming at her not to hit the dog, neighbor thinks mom is screaming for help, I am screaming to neighbor to leave so we can get control of the situation in private. Mom says get the dog, I run after the dog and he runs to the park. I chase him. I am barefoot. There are lots of stickers. They embed my feet. I scream. I say, "to HECK with the dog ( probably did not actually say heck but this is a family blog)." I sit down to pick the stickers out of my feet. My drives up in my car, throws me some shoes and in the mean time the darn dog runs home on his own, straight into the backyard. Mom and I limp into the house covered with grass, sweat and stickers. John sees us and says, "where have you been? do you know where my glasses are?"

p.m.: Bree says, "momma it feels like I have fingernails in my throat." Oh no, does she have strep too?????

Friday: Nose bridle removed, Bree strep test positive! John is releaved. Both girls have antibotics. CC and GG have done their duty and then some. Time for them to go home. Momma needs a glass of wine and a long, long nap!!!

Our week was hard but we made it. Thankfully all four of us were smiling and well for church this morning. It was a beautiful, sunny day to wave the palms, spend time with friends, hunt some eggs and sing, "Ho, ho, hosanna, ha, ha, hallelujah, he, he, he, he saved me, I will trust in him."

Yes Lord, I will trust in you no matter what life brings me, how tried I am or what stupid makes I make. You sent your son to die on a cross so that I may be frogiven and I know that he is risen indeed.

Happy Palm Sunday!!

Bec

No comments:

Post a Comment