Saturday, March 17, 2012

Spring Break 2011

As Spring Break comes to a close, I am so thankful to have a week off to spend with my family. We saw my sister at the beach today and Brooke asked why she just got there. I said she had to work. She was shocked that someone had to work on Spring Break. At Spring Break and other school holidays, we have to really sit back and be thankful for jobs in the field of education which allow us time to be off with our kids.

We had a great week. We watched some good movies, got our teeth cleaned and spent some time in the sun at the beach house with C.C. Our friends,the Sweeney's, visited us there and gave us the pleasure of having their two younger daughters for two extra nights. What fun that was for the girls and mommy because it meant two constant playmates and a bit more relaxation for me.

Usually on the Saturday before Spring Break ends, I am somewhat sad and dreading going back to work. This Saturday I feel good, rested and ready for the week. It was a good Spring Break. There were no worries and everybody had their share of fun.

John's PET CT was rescheduled for this coming Tuesday due to some congestion which could cause a funky read (we don't want anything funky on a PET CT). Please keep us in your prayers this week if you can and the many others dealing with cancer and its aftermath.

Becah

No comments:

Post a Comment